Monday, June 24, 2013
Run, walk or volunteer at Charities Challenge’s 8th Annual Challenge Diabetes 5k Event at Como Lake, St Paul, this Saturday, June 29, starting at 8 AM. For more information, online pre-registration go to http://www.charitieschallenge.org/html/challenge_diabetes.html
The weather forecast is for a lovely summer’s sunny morning, 63-77F. light breeze, and Miles o’ Smiles.
Pre-registration $28 goes up to $33 after midnight CDT tonight Monday, June 24, and closes on Wednesday night at Midnight CDT.
Race day ($40) registration opens from 6:45-7:45 AM near Como Lake’s lakeside historic white pavilion. Directions and map are also available via our CC web site. There's convenient free parking around the lakeside pavilion area.
Saturday is a special day to celebrate all of us who are “Taking Strong Steps to Defeat Diabetes”. We'll all party in the Park Saturday morning!
We'll also enjoy:
1. Pro-timing for complete USATF divisions scoring by www.WayzataResults.com on USATF certified 5k course
2. Fabulous free photography, online slideshow
3. Earning a “Challenge Diabetes 5k” classy commemorative t-shirt.
4. The cheerful welcome and expert support of CC Race Event Workers (CCREW) volunteers.
5. The inspiration of running and walking with truly remarkable “Challenged Honored Athletes” demonstrating The Power of RxExercise to improve lives of those challenged by diabetes.
6. Summertime motivational music and announcer’s recognition.
7. Healthful, tasty post-race treats.
8. Real-time Running & Walking RxExercise Celebrations by many of us who have used RxExercise to meet well our metabolic health challenges. We’ll be cheering lots of happy racers many of whom are no longer on diabetes meds because of their RxExercise. Brilliant!
RxExercise (Exercise as Medicine) has been determined to be twice as effective in managing Type II diabetes compared to the most powerful diabetes drug.
Yes, 90% of diabetes (NIDDM) is largely preventable and much more manageable with RxExercise!
We’ll especially be celebrating, and learning from, the improved quality of life of those Diabetes-Challenged Honored Athletes who are enjoying happier diabetes management because of their RxExercise.
Please refer to me and this special Challenge Diabetes 5k event anyone you know who is living well beyond diabetes with the help of their own exercise regimen so we may especially learn from and recognize them as Challenged Honored Athletes on Saturday.
Come Saturday to Como Lake to race, walk, volunteer, and perhaps also offer to “Walk By My Side” with our diabetes-challenged family and friends until they can learn to “run” on their own.
Monday, June 10, 2013
Come to a happy-healthy Fathers Day Tradition:
Charities Challenge’s 7th Annual “Fathers Day 5k – Celebration of Active Generations” this Sunday, June 16, at Lake Phalen, St. Paul, MN; 8:30 AM start time.
For more information and online registration link go to http://www.charitieschallenge.org/html/fathers_day_5k.html Lowest online pre-registration fee is available until Midnight, Tuesday, June 11.
Check-in for those pre-registered and race-day registration opens at 7 am Sunday morning near the lakeside picnic pavilion overlooking lovely Lake Phalen, right next to convenient free parking lots and a fun kids’ playground.
The CC Fathers Day Event will be a special occasion to honor dads with the happy heart-health benefits of an RxExercise walk or run. Let’s encourage Dads to keep on going strong and well for years to come as you join them by walking & running by their sides.